Friday, July 29, 2011

Time Flies

When you have a kick ass time. I went out last night with a new guy. We had a few drinks, some great conversation and before I knew it...we had been talking for two and a half hours. I had a really great time.

Here's the thing...I did not have an initial "click" with this guy. We met up, had an awkward hug, some smiles and sat down. But damn, we were certainly clicking once the conversation got underway.

I don't trust chemistry. I have experienced, all too often, what happens when the chemistry falls away and you realize you have nothing in common. Sure, it's all fine and dandy to sit across from someone at dinner just waiting to rip each others clothes off...but eventually that fades. And if you have nothing in common, no mutual interests, nothing to talk about...really, whats the point?

Looks fade, we grow old, women aren't perfectly made up all the time, men don't look so amazing first thing in the morning with pillow creases on their face. I'm a red hot mess most of the time. If you can't be along for the ride...the entire ride...the good, the bad, the old, the ugly and all the rest...then whats the point?

Don't get me wrong. I do enjoy the comfort of a good "click". I love the moment when you meet up with someone and you just know that this is going to be a good night. It isn't a ton of fun to have to work to get the conversation going, keep it going...sometimes it feels like pulling teeth it's so painful. I am not a quiet person so when the conversation gets all lopsided I tend to talk more to fill the silence.

So tonight is coffee with someone new. We'll see if there's a click, perhaps some conversation chemistry, or it could just be dead in the water. Who knows!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment