This is not starting on a high note. Let's meet John. John is 26 with charming good looks and a nice smile. His profile is witty and contains no grammatical errors. He is gainfully employed and a non-smoker. So far so good. We've emailed and jumped quickly to the coffee date. I am comfortable with this because I truly believe that people get to know each other face to face. Things seem fine.
I come home for work to find this gem in my mailbox.
"Look. I can't meet unless we hook up. I'm not on here for anything other than FWB..your choice."
...ummmmm wow. My initial response? "...joke?"
and a bad one at that.
What the hell? Seriously? What the hell? Who says that?! I suppose on some level at least he's being honest. But completely out of left field. I call my sister. Sisters always know! Her response? In no way is it ok for me to meet this guy in person. Hell to the no! I quickly draft a new response.
"on that note, joke or not, we probably shouldn't meet. enjoy your evening."
*sigh* This is not off to the kick ass start that I was enjoying only moments ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment