Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Purple Unicorn

Ok, I do realize that I need to actually go on internet dates in order to write about internet dating. I do have a full weekend planned...and will probably collapse sometime in the middle of work on Sunday. This is also incentive to keep these dates short and sweet...so I don't go crazy, get too exhausted or overwhelmed.

In the meantime, I feel it is completely appropriate to discuss the seemingly obligatory "six pack abs" picture. I should really thank the guys that post these pictures. It's an automatic pass for me, and makes my screening process oh so much easier! When guys are willing to post so openly and freely how shallow they are?? Delete! Do not pass go, do not collect dinner and a movie!

I value health and fitness. I am active and want someone that is interested in being active with me. I do not have six pack abs. I do not care if the person I am dating has six pack abs. So showing me a picture of you in the gym or in your bathroom (which I find a little weird to begin with) pulling up on your shirt to show what you clearly value most about your body...all I can think is damn...there must be NOTHING going on upstairs.

Why would anyone take a picture of themselves in the bathroom? It's a bathroom! I don't need to see your bathroom. I know it has the advantage of the mirror and makes using the camera on your phone much easier but ewww! People go to the bathroom in bathrooms. Does this creep anyone else out??

Consider this: Picture yourself posing in your bathroom, with your sexy stance and ribbed t-shirt...now imagine one of your guy friends behind the camera. A little awkward and embarrassing? Then you shouldn't be taking that picture!!!

I am sure this is judgemental (we've already established that I am, in fact, judgemental). I am sure there are many many guys out there that show off their physique and then go to their den to read Plato. I've just never met one. But not unlike purple unicorns...I've never seen one but I can't prove they don't exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment