Monday, July 25, 2011

The More Things Change

The more they stay the same. Thus far, including all of my prior flings with internet dating, I have been matched with someone from my high school, a guy I knew in college, I guy I dated in college, and now I'm churning through the same people I messaged but never met that last time I tried this. Hey, at least it's some familiar faces, right?

Good lord there are a lot of fire fighters on here. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the boots and the pants and whatnot. But wow...didn't know there were so many single fireman. If word got out I think we'd have a breakdown in social services or something. All firefighters are off on dates and everything burns to the ground.

I wish I could find the profile I read a few days ago. The guy made a comment about how every one puts hiking on their profile. We are all just closet hiking fanatics and the trails are simply packed with single hikers who are looking for a new hiking partner so they can fall in love with the outdoors and each other and have a wedding in the woods followed by a nice long hike to a cabin for the honeymoon which will involved even more hiking. Hiking boots must simply be flying off the shelves!

I think I put hiking in my profile. Which I can actually claim as a hobby because my sister lives near some kick ass trails and anyone that walks in the woods for two hours without water (because we're stupid and didn't wear watches) in the middle of July heat gets to call themselves a hiker.

I also feel like I've stumbled into the world of the tall. Holy crap! I didn't know this many people over six feet existed! I suppose I work with tiny people every day. My bosses and co-workers probably stack up at around 5'3" to maybe 5'6". I think I'd hurt my neck constantly looking up to these giants. Men grow like trees!

I get creeped out by guys that smile but don't show their teeth.

So, first date today! I am getting coffee with Jason. Lets see if we actually manager to get to the date this time :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment