Lets get this thing back on track, shall we? That means actually going on more than two dates. Things are not looking up. I had to cancel my date tonight. Why would you do that, Laura!?? Cancel a date? That's not the point! The point is to actually go on dates!
Not when the guy announces he's going to be a half an hour late...
Pardon me? Once again, in my good ear? Ten, maybe fifteen minutes I can accept. But a half an hour? Come on people! I am not sitting my cute ass down for a half an hour to wait for your sorry ass to wander on up to meet me. I am sorry. I am not going to set a standard that says this is acceptable behavior.
Seriously, I get a text saying that my gentleman of the evening is going to be late. I call him and ask precisely how late. I was actually shocked that I didn't just tell him I'd wait. But them's the rules folks! I don't care how cute or smart or funny or perfect he seems. When meeting up with someone for the first time, you usually want to make a good impression...arriving half an hour late does not make a good first impression.
But Laura, how can you be so heartless?? His grandmother died, his dog ran away, his sister called from prison and needs him to wire money, his car broke down, his arm fell off and all he's asking is for thirty teeny tiny minutes to drag himself to meet with you. What gives??
Welp...all of that should have been taken care of prior to meeting me on time. I get it. Shit happens. Hell, it most certainly happens to me. But it's rare because I leave myself a half an hour to get some place that only takes ten minutes. I think a guy should have enough respect to be on time, even if it's just for coffee. Sure, if I date someone for a while and something comes up, I'm fine waiting around for a bit.
But not on a first "date". I don't want to give anyone the impression that I sit around with little to do except wait for guys to waltz into my life when they feel like it. So what did I do instead? Took myself to sushi, walked around down town and drove myself to a swing dance lesson and social. A good night had by all.
...except for the guy that didn't get the chance to met me! Sorry!
No comments:
Post a Comment