Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Patience is a virtue

Because guys don't wear engagement rings...and often (when at the gym) they don't wear wedding rings. So it's a little silly, yet harmless, to formulate a crush on a guy that is married. Silly...very very silly.

And on that note, let me just say that I need a bit of an attitude overhaul. I was on my way to a date last night and feeling grumpy and underwhelmed. I started thinking about a conversation I had with my friends fiance over the weekend. We were just talking about dating and finding the right person and whatnot. I started to complain about finding a guy in my area, I made a few jokes about all the guys I really liked living out of state.

So I'm sitting in my car, lamenting this date I'm about to go on, thinking about my conversation, being all grumpy pants and it just sort of hit me...

I complain about being single...a lot. I complain a lot. I make jokes, I write my blog and I complain. A lot. I had a great night last night. I met up with a very nice man, we had a good time, good food, good drinks and he walked me to my car. By my very own standards, this was a great date. So what the hell? Am I going to be upset because fireworks didn't fly out of his eyes and no mysterious voice told me that he's the one?

Ummmm no. Like I've said before, I'm not sure I believe in the one. And I am always wary of too much chemistry that can cloud a rather shallow connection. So what am I expecting? What am I looking for? I'm looking to meet up with a nice guy, have some good food and good conversation, and when the evening is over he walks me to my car.

I really did have a great night last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment