Monday, August 1, 2011

The One!!

We ladies (huge generalization about to occur) can get a bit involved with the idea of "the one". So much so that we start making exceptions for very bad dating behavior...sometimes before we even meet the guy.

Case in point: I was supposed to meet a man last Sunday. He texted me to change our plans. He just drove back from Ocean City, got caught in a storm and was exhausted. Sure, fine, switch our plans to Tuesday evening. Tuesday afternoon rolls around and I text to confirm our plans. Low and behold, he might have to cancel if his company gets a shipment blah blah blah. I say ok, just let me know.

It is now 7:41 pm and I have not heard from him...our date was supposed to be at 8pm.

My initial instinct had been to text around 6:45 to see what was going on. I was kind of wondering. I told my co-workers my plan of action (we are all so involved in my dating life, constant source of amusement that it is) and my boss said something along the lines of "why on earth would you contact him?"

Why on earth, indeed.

This guy has canceled once, canceled again and hasn't even bothered to contact me and let me know that this evening isn't going to happen. What gives?? Why would I give this guy the time of day? He clearly isn't very interested and clearly isn't making this date a priority. Why would I want to go out with someone like that??

Because we had phone chemistry.

We've talked on the phone a few times and seemed to really hit it off. I was excited to meet him (after a string of less than note worthy dates) and now I'm disappointed. What if he is the one? What if he just needs one more chance? What if he got into an accident at work and now has no arms and can't dial my phone number and I should be rushing to his hospital bed and oh how could I be so judgemental???? Woe is me!!!

Seriously? If it's not that important to him, it certainly isn't that important to me. My "one" will call back, my "one" wont cancel our dates. He'll move mountains to see me and a POW camp couldn't keep him away. That is my guy. This no-show disappointment?? Not my guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment